Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This 76-Year-Old Soul

This angel was made from Super Sculpey and was then painted with acrylic paints. She hangs on our Christmas tree every year.

Just where do I start when it comes to sharing what's inside of this 76-year-old soul? I wonder if anyone will be interested..I hope so. Most of the bloggers are so young and I wonder if, at my age, I have the willingness to focus on a few art forms or am I doomed to be a jack of all trades.....loving almost every and all forms of creating? A little of this I blame on a grandfather I never met who was a gifted sculptor from Italy. In the early 1900's, he carved statues for the then Bank of Italy in San Francisco, which later bacame the Bank of America.

I read somewhere that we should be "open to everything and attached to nothing" but feel I am attached to, and identified with, my love and involvement in painting, sculpting, free form knitting and crochet, gardening, hand-me-down family antiques, quilting, music, reading, etc. One lifetime is simply not enough time to taste it all. What a joy it has been and how thankful I am for all the gifts given me to share with others. I hope that you will enjoy seeing some of the items I have been creating ever since I was a young girl.

3 comments:

  1. Robin Carlen-MurrayJune 11, 2009 at 3:57 PM

    Mom: I know I'm biased, but I love your work. You have always been so inspiring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom: This is the most charming beginning to showing the magic that you create every day, in your art and in your life... You are an inspiration to me and to so many. What a blessing to be able to call you MY mom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you do is beautiful. Your are a true inspiration. Keep the blogs coming.
    Love, VH

    ReplyDelete